Get ready to change the lives of young children with a bachelor’s degree in early childhood education (ECE). 圣. 凯特的 ECE program offers the convenience of 网上教学 as well as interactions with experienced 教师 members and hands-on applied experiences in early childhood education settings.
奖学金 opportunities for Montessori and early childhood educators include
- 杰瑞·格兰特·米勒奖学金. Each year, this scholarship is awarded to two early childhood education students at St. 凯特的. The $500 awards may be used for any expenses related to your education at St. 凯特的. 要了解更多，请参阅mgm集团线路的 Jeri Grant-Miller奖学金说明.
- 明尼苏达州T.E.A.C.H. 奖学金. A scholarship for early childhood and school-age care professionals in Minnesota. 虽然福利各不相同，但对大多数接受者来说，T.E.A.C.H. covers the majority of tuition and textbook expenses, as well as travel stipends and paid release time. 详细信息请参见 明尼苏达州儿童保育意识网站.
Through interactions with experienced 教师 members, as well as hands-on applied experiences in early childhood education settings, you'll become a socially aware educator and learn about
- anti-bias and anti-racist (ABAR) teaching strategies
- infant, toddler, preschool, and early elementary methods and materials
- understanding the needs of diverse and special learners
- grounding your teaching in the Montessori philosophy, with a focus on the whole child
- integrating ongoing renewal into your professional life
St. 凯特的 offers different program pathways for aspiring early childhood educators to earn a primary education degree.
在这个选项中, fully approved by the State of Minnesota's Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board, you may meet requirements for a Minnesota license to teach children ages 0-8. This license is a requirement for many early childhood positions in public schools, as well as 私立学校 and other 早期学习中心.
You'll complete 100 hours or field experiences throughout the program. You'll learn online, with one-week intensive courses on our St. 保罗校园. 如果你愿意, you can also complete additional practicum experiences for an 美国蒙台梭利协会 early childhood (ages 2-1/2 to 6) credential.
If you have earned a teaching credential from a training center accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE), 你将获得25 St. 凯特的 credits for your Montessori teaching credential, which will be applied toward your 120-credit online early childhood education degree.
如果你愿意, you may also meet requirements for a Minnesota license to teach children ages 0–8. 在这个选项中, you'll complete 100 hours of field experience throughout the program and a final student teaching experience — a full-time immersion in teaching at a school in or near your community. 学生 pursuing licensure will only be granted 19 credits for their Montessori credentials.
You'll prepare to work in public and 私立学校 as an early childhood educator. Growth in early childhood programs means credentialed educators are in demand in public schools, 私立学校, 早期学习中心, 和其他设置.